CHITTAGONG, Bangladesh (AP): Ben Duckett and Sam Billings scored half-centuries as England beat Bangladesh by four wickets in their third one-day international yesterday, sealing a 2-1 victory in the series. The hosts compiled a solid 277-6, but England raced to victory with 13 balls to spare, playing methodical cricket and ending Bangladesh’s unbeaten run in their six bilateral series. Duckett made 63, his second half-century in the series, while Billings, who replaced injured Jason Roy in the opening slot, added 62. Those two knocks kept England on course and Ben Stokes, 47 not out, kept up the momentum to win a series, which became heated following a verbal spat between players of the two teams in the second match. Tensions ran high after the incident, but it had no impact on yesterday’s match, although Bangladesh captain Mashrafe Mortaza collided with Billings in his third over and the two exchanged words. “There was no impact of that incident in this match. They have really played well,” Mortaza said. “There was lot of dew at the end and our spinners couldn’t grip the ball well. That was the factor.” Billings, playing his first match in the series, shared 63 runs with James Vince in the opening stand to give the tourists a strong start. RUN CHASE “Physically and mentally, we’ve stood up. We wanted to set the tone and our opening partnership set up the run chase,” England captain Jos Buttler said. Fast bowlers Mortaza and Shafiul Islam claimed two wickets apiece for Bangladesh. Mushfiqur Rahim (67 n.o.) was instrumental earlier in Bangladesh’s total, combining with Mosaddek Hossain for 85 after the hosts were left on 192-6 in 39th over. Hossain was unbeaten on 38. Tamim Iqbal and Kayes got the side off to a good start with an 80-run partnership on a pitch that had been covered for the previous three days following constant rain. Iqbal made 45 runs, during which he became the first Bangladeshi batsman to go past the 5,000-run mark. Kayes contributed 46 runs. Sabbir Rahman also made a good start, but was dismissed on 49. England leg-spinner Adil Rashid returned career best figures of 4-43.
Pune, Feb 21 (PTI) DSK Shivajians staged a fine comeback to hold Shillong Lajong FC 1-1 in an I-League match at the Shree Shiv Chhatrapati Sports Complex here today. The visitors scored through Uilliams Souza Silva (3rd minute) before DSK Shivajians fought back with a goal through striker Aser Perrick Dipanda (59th minute). The draw helped DSK Shivajians swell their tally to five points from eight rounds. Playing their fourth home game on the trot, the home side found themselves on the back-foot early with Shillong Lajong raiding their half with a host of attacks. Three minutes into the game, Uilliams Souza did well to pick up a through ball by Samuel Lalmuanpuia on the edge of the box before finishing past keeper Subrata Paul. The visitors came close to scoring again in the 14th minute when Zondingliana got on the end of a cross, but his header was just wide of the target. The home side took their time to settle down and slowly kept up the pressure on the Shillong-based club for rest of the half, but was unable to break them down. Douhou, meanwhile, had an opportunity to equalize before half time, but his try sailed over. The first half ended with Shillong Lajong leading by a goal. The second half began with both the teams playing aggressively. The home side pushed hard and made most of their forays into the opponents half via the livewire Juan. Into the 55th minute, DSK Shivajians earned a free-kick on the left, when Juan was tripped by the opponent. Douhou, who took the kick, sailed the ball well to the second post only to see Zohmingliana Ralte crash his header onto the horizontal. Four minutes later, DSK Shivajians hard work was rewarded. Juan played the ball wide to Lalhmangaihsanga Ralte. Finding space, Ralte whipped in a cross which was well met by Aser Pierric Dipandas header leaving the Shillong keeper no chance. PTI PDS PDSadvertisement
Let us know what you like about Geek by taking our survey. After a long, hard day at the office, the last thing you want is the boss interrupting your wine-sipping, binge-watching evening with an urgent email.Which is why New York City Council Member Rafael Espinal Jr. wants to establish the “right to disconnect.”The Brooklynite is set to introduce a bill that would make it illegal for employers to require staff to access work-related electronic communication outside of their regular hours.AdChoices广告“After leaving the office, many of us are glued to our phones refreshing our Instagram feeds, but often times we are also keeping up with our work and bosses,” Espinal said in a statement. “While technology has increased access to people and ideas, it’s also made it possible for employees to be on-call 24/7.“We need to establish clear boundaries for employees so they can maintain a healthy work-life balance and live without fear of retaliation for not answering work communications after work hours,” he continued. “The right to disconnect has proven effective in other countries and it is time NYC take this protective step to protect workers’ rights.”If passed, the law allows people inundated with out-of-hours calls, texts, and emails to file a complaint with the city’s Department of Consumer Affairs, which can dole out civil fines up to $50 per accuser.“This bill protects work-life balance, and, for employers, ensures that their employees are working at their optimal level,” according to Espinal.The Council member has received “an overwhelming amount of positive feedback” from working New Yorkers excited for the possible reprieve.Others, however, believe that in the city that never sleeps, neither should laborers.“There was a time when New York was still the city that never sleeps, but we weren’t reachable,” Espinal contended. “Now it’s impossible to get away from your work because of advancements in technology.”The proposal protects only “private” employees; folks working in the public sector—military, police, infrastructure, transit, education, healthcare, etc.—are not covered.Espinal is scheduled to present his bill to the City Council on Thursday, Time Out reported. He hopes to hold a hearing on it during a meeting of the Committee on Consumer Affairs and Business Licensing before the summer.Editor’s note: This article was updated on March 29 with comment from Council Member Rafael Espinal Jr. Stay on target Senator Wants to Ban ‘Addictive’ Social Media FunctionsSan Francisco Is First U.S. City to Ban Sales of E-Cigarettes