Agent merry-go-round gathers pace in the City

first_imgWould you like to read more?Register for free to finish this article.Sign up now for the following benefits:Four FREE articles of your choice per monthBreaking news, comment and analysis from industry experts as it happensChoose from our portfolio of email newsletters To access this article REGISTER NOWWould you like print copies, app and digital replica access too? SUBSCRIBE for as little as £5 per week.last_img

Lovelorn Aussie is first jailed for breaking virus quarantine

first_imgTopics : By escaping through the fire exit, he successfully avoided hotel staff several times but was caught on CCTV, police said.Under laws aimed at stopping the spread of the virus, David was required to isolate for 14 days after arriving in Perth from the southeastern state of Victoria on March 28.If he had remained in his hotel room he would have been freed on Monday but instead he will spend a full month in jail and has been handed a fine of more than AUS$2,000 (US$1,280).Police around the country have issued more than 1,000 fines for breaches of lockdown laws, with offences ranging from dozens of people gathering for a street car rally in Brisbane to a group of men eating pizza in a car together in Sydney’s west. An Australian who repeatedly sneaked out of coronavirus quarantine, reportedly to visit his girlfriend, was jailed for a month Wednesday — the first person imprisoned under the country’s lockdown laws. Jonathan David, 35, was arrested earlier this month after jamming open a fire escape and slipping out of mandatory quarantine at a Perth hotel, Western Australia Police said in a statement.He told Perth’s Magistrates Court that he first flouted the law to get food but hours later broke quarantine again because he missed his girlfriend, Seven News reported.last_img read more

Manchester United urged to sign three players – including Real Madrid forward Gareth Bale

first_img Solskjaer: ‘I wasn’t sure we were going to score’To view this video please enable JavaScript, and consider upgrading to a web browser that supports HTML5 video Play VideoLoaded: 0%0:00Progress: 0%PlayMuteCurrent Time 0:00/Duration Time 8:09FullscreenSolskjaer: ‘I wasn’t sure we were going to score’https://metro.co.uk/video/solskjaer-wasnt-sure-going-score-1877498/This is a modal window.Beginning of dialog window. Escape will cancel and close the window.TextColorWhiteBlackRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentBackgroundColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentTransparentWindowColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyTransparentSemi-TransparentOpaqueFont Size50%75%100%125%150%175%200%300%400%Text Edge StyleNoneRaisedDepressedUniformDropshadowFont FamilyProportional Sans-SerifMonospace Sans-SerifProportional SerifMonospace SerifCasualScriptSmall CapsReset restore all settings to the default valuesDoneClose Modal DialogEnd of dialog window.The Red Devils are said to be weighing up a huge offer for the 18-year-old and Kanchelskis says he would be a ‘great signing’ for his former club.‘He’s young and English which is the perfect mould for United,’ he added.‘It’s crazy to think that a player who was let go for so cheap can suddenly come back to the Premier League for £90 million, but I guess United did something similar with Pogba from Juventus.‘Sancho has really shown what he is capable of at Dortmund and it’s been great to see a teenager go abroad and become a first team regular for a potential title winning team. Gareth Bale has been tipped to revive his career at Manchester United (Picture: Getty)Manchester United should consider making moves for three players this summer – including Real Madrid forward Gareth Bale.That is the opinion of former Red Devils winger Andrei Kanchelskis, who believes Bale, Jadon Sancho and Aaron Wan-Bissaka would be valuable additions to the squad at Old Trafford.Four-time Champions League winner Bale is enduring a difficult period at the Bernabeu and has been linked with a departure ahead of the summer transfer window.And Kanchelskis told Bwin: ‘There’s no denying Real Madrid are underperforming at the moment and it doesn’t matter who you are, no player would enjoy that.AdvertisementAdvertisementADVERTISEMENTMore: FootballRio Ferdinand urges Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to drop Manchester United starChelsea defender Fikayo Tomori reveals why he made U-turn over transfer deadline day moveMikel Arteta rates Thomas Partey’s chances of making his Arsenal debut vs Man City‘I do believe Bale would reignite his career if he came to Man Utd. I believe Bale needs to be loved and that’s exactly what the Utd fans and Solskjaer would do for him.‘If Bale were to leave Real Madrid, Man Utd have a great advantage in the fact that they are one of the only clubs that could afford his wages.‘With a few players contracts expiring in the summer, I wouldn’t be surprised if this was something the board were thinking about and why they may not be renewing some.’England teenage star Sancho has also been linked with a move to Manchester United, less than two years after joining Borussia Dortmund from Man City. Advertisement Advertisement Jadon Sancho has also been linked with a move to Old Trafford (Picture: Getty)‘It makes you wonder how Man City didn’t see the talent or weren’t willing to give him the chance.‘Manchester United would love to have the chance of taking a City player and making him a great at Old Trafford.’Wan-Bissaka has enjoyed a breakthrough season at Crystal Palace and a number of clubs – including United – are monitoring his situation in south London.On the exciting young right-back, Kanchelskis said: ‘Wan-Bissaka would be an excellent signing.More: FootballBruno Fernandes responds to Man Utd bust-up rumours with Ole Gunnar SolskjaerNew Manchester United signing Facundo Pellistri responds to Edinson Cavani praiseArsenal flop Denis Suarez delivers verdict on Thomas Partey and Lucas Torreira moves‘Man United need someone with experience in England and Wan-Bissaka has proven he is more than capable of handling the Premier League at Crystal Palace.‘There is going to be a lot of clubs trying to sign the fullback so United are going to have to act fast if they’re to secure him.’Manchester United, who knocked PSG out of the Champions League on Wednesday, face top four rivals Arsenal at the Emirates this weekend.MORE: Unai Emery ‘confident’ of overturning 3-1 Europa League defeat to Rennescenter_img Manchester United urged to sign three players – including Real Madrid forward Gareth Bale Comment Metro Sport ReporterThursday 7 Mar 2019 11:51 pmShare this article via facebookShare this article via twitterShare this article via messengerShare this with Share this article via emailShare this article via flipboardCopy link1.2kShareslast_img read more

Check out the 94 PA Liquor Stores That Will Now Be Open on Sunday

first_img August 12, 2016 By: Beth Melena, Deputy Press Secretary Check out the 94 PA Liquor Stores That Will Now Be Open on Sunday Liquor Reform,  The Blog Starting on August 8, Pennsylvania’s bipartisan liquor reform signed into law by Governor Wolf this past spring went into effect. As part of this reform, the Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board is opening more stores on Sundays. 94 stores will be open on this Sunday for the first time.The PLCB also plans to add Sunday hours for 26 more stores on September 4, bringing the total number of stores open on Sunday to more than 300, or about half of all Fine Wine & Good Spirits stores. Additionally, PLCB will expand Sunday hours in all 188 stores that were previously open from noon to 5 PM on Sundays. Stores will now open at 11 AM and close at 7 PM on Sundays.Governor Wolf and the PLCB are committed to providing greater convenience and satisfaction to Pennsylvania customers and now comes the important work of implementing the law.Check out the 94 Wine and Spirits stores that will be open for the first time this Sunday: Like Governor Tom Wolf on Facebook: Facebook.com/GovernorWolf   SHARE  TWEET SHARE Email Facebook Twitterlast_img read more

Surfers Paradise residence snapped up for $820,000

first_imgMore from news02:37International architect Desmond Brooks selling luxury beach villa18 hours ago02:37Gold Coast property: Sovereign Islands mega mansion hits market with $16m price tag2 days ago10/25 Northcliffe Terrace, Surfers Paradise. 10/25 Northcliffe Terrace, Surfers Paradise.“Be blown away with the amazing uninterrupted ocean views up and down the coastline never to be built out,” Mr Stevens said.Property records show the vendor paid $780,000 for the apartment in 2011.Mr Stevens said there was huge demand for beachfront apartments in Surfers Paradise.“There is a massive appetite from astute interstate buyers that I cannot fill at the moment due to the lack of properties,” he said.“The property shows the market is extremely strong and showing no signs of slowing.”Mr Stevens said he also had two properties at the Hilton under contract. 10/25 Northcliffe Terrace, Surfers Paradise.center_img What a view! 10/25 Northcliffe Terrace, Surfers Paradise.IT’S a quintessential Gold Coast view — the waves rolling in across Surfers Paradise beach.And this view, along with a two-bedroom apartment on the Glitter Strip, sold this week for $820,000.Tolemy Stevens of Harcourts Coastal marketed the property in the Berkley on the Beach building.The residence occupies the entire eastern side of level six.last_img read more

​Alecta beats benchmark in 2018 despite 3.5% loss

first_imgSweden’s largest pension fund has revealed a 3.5% investment loss last year for its defined contribution (DC) pension product.In preliminary financial figures for 2018, the DC default portfolio Alecta Optimal Pension ended the year down 3.5%, compared to the previous year’s 9.1% return.However, the SEK878bn (€84bn) pension provider said the DC return was still 1.1% above the return from the Morningstar benchmark it used.Meanwhile, the firm’s defined benefit (DB) scheme reported a 2% loss for the year, compared to a positive 6.5% result in 2017. At a group level, Alecta’s solvency ratio fell over the year to 161% at the end of December 2018 for the group, from 174% a year before.Magnus Billing, chief executive of the pension fund, said: “Despite a turbulent year for the markets, I am pleased that Alecta remains strong.“We have both lowered the fees and signalled a strengthening of the premium reduction for tens of thousands of employers.”The company said costs for various insurance products that formed part of its occupational pension services had been reduced in the course of last year, including premiums for group occupational life insurance TGL, which fell to SEK29 a month for individual employees, from SEK32.During the year, Alecta said it had also increased pensions for its ITP2 DB scheme by 2.12%.Earlier this year, Alecta won new 5-year contracts within Sweden’s supplementary private-sector occupational pension system (ITP), including the renewal of its contract as default provider within traditional insurance.last_img read more

Liberia investigates new suspected case of Ebola

first_imgPresidents and officials from the three nations worst affected by Ebola are in New York attending that UN Conference.  The leaders from Sierra Leone, Guinea and Liberia are meeting with UN and other partners to develop their post-Ebola strategies. The World Health Organisation recorded the first Ebola cases in Guinea back in March last year. Since then the disease has killed more the eleven thousand people. Katerina Vittozzi met with one Liberia doctor who was at the forefront of fighting the disease.last_img read more

Homicide try suspect falls

first_imgILOILO City – Charged with attemptedhomicide, a farmer was nabbed in Barangay Crispin Salazar South, Janiuay,Iloilo . The 46-year-old Rosarel Lastimosoof Barangay Atimonan, Janiuay was caught around 10:45 a.m. on Sunday, a policereport showed. Lastimoso’s arrest was staged on thestrength of an arrest warrant, the report added. He was detained in the custodialfacility of the municipal police station. The court recommended a P20,000 bail bondfor the suspect’s temporary liberty./PNlast_img read more

IN Democrats have big wins in suburbs

first_imgStatewide—For the first time, Hoosier Democrats will hold the mayor’s office in Zionsville and seats on city councils in both Carmel and Fishers. Democrats won commanding victories for mayor in Indianapolis, Fort Wayne, and New Albany, added a council majority in Columbus, and strengthened council majorities in Evansville and Portage. The historic wins fit into the Party’s plan to use strategic investments in 2019 to generate momentum leading into 2020 according to Indiana Democratic Party Chairman John Zody.“In 2019, we set out to expand the battleground and build our Party’s diverse bench,” said Zody. “In 2020, Democrats will hold elected office in Zionsville, Carmel, and Fishers. Big wins in suburbs across the state are setting the table for 2020.”last_img read more

ENGLAND WOMEN CRUSH WI WOMEN… England Women crush WI Women in third ODI

first_img… win by 112 runs and move ahead of Windies ENGLAND Women produced a very professional performance and took a decisive 2-1 lead in the five-match series when they crushed their West Indian counterparts by 112 runs in the third One-Day International encounter at Sabina Park, Jamaica, yesterday.With this emphatic victory, the English Women leap-frogged West Indies Women in the ICC Championship race with two vital points that pushed them ahead to second spot on 21 points.England need two more victories to clinch one of the four qualifying spots for the ICC World Cup which will be staged in England next year.Reigning World Cup champions Australia already cemented their place to defend their global 50-overs crown. They head the points standings on 30 and are waiting to see who would be the challengers for world supremacy.West Indies remained on 20 points and dropped to third spot and must rebound quickly in the Fourth ODI which is carded for tomorrow at the same venue in Kingston.England made 220 all out in 49.5 overs and skittled out West Indies for 108 off 35.4 overs to celebrate a convincing victory with 86 deliveries remaining of the one-sided contest.England captain Heather Knight won the toss and decided that her team will bat first on a pitch that was much harder and faster than the one at Trelawny Multiplex ground which was not conducive to fluent strokeplay.But West Indies grabbed the initiative with two early wickets through the accuracy of Shamilia Connell and Deandra Dottin who together picked up a wicket each to leave the visitors 24 for 2 after 7.4 overs.Connell removed the prolific Tammy Beaumont (4 runs off 16 balls) who was caught by StacyAnn King at square leg from a sweep shot while Dottin bowled Georgia Elwiss for three (6 balls).Lauren Whitefield, when on three, enjoyed a major slice of luck when WI captain Stafanie Taylor, at first slip position, dropped her off the bowling of Connell whose away swinger glanced off the edge and through the hands and legs when the score was 10 without loss.Whitefield buckled down and played responsibly. She did not offer another chance until she and Natalie Sciver had restored England’s hope of a very big total. Together they posted a match-winning 95 runs for the third-wicket partnership and it broke the resolve of the West Indian team.During the frustrating period, Sciver survived two very close shouts for lbw at 144 for 3 and a dropped chance at 155 for three.With an off-spinning delivery, Hayley Matthews seemed to have struck Sciver between middle and leg, a decision that was turned down by umpire Nigel Duguid while Dottin also cannot believe that umpire Gregory Brathwaite thought otherwise when Sciver was once again playing across the line of a well-directed delivery that was slower and caught her straight on.And to add further depressing energy, Afy Fletcher dropped Sciver who attempted a scoop shot when she was 38 and the score 155 for 3.Dottin, however, kept charging in and she bowled Whitefield, behind her back; for 79 (4×4, 111 balls) and took the catch to dismiss Sciver for 58 (1×6, 3×4, 72 balls) off the bowling of Fletcher. Despite those wickets, there was no celebration from Dottin because England were in the driver’s set at 185 for 5 after 42.1 overs.In their quest for quick runs, England lost their last five wickets for an addition of 35 runs off 7.5 overs. At the end, it did not matter.West Indies batters wilted under severe pressure from the controlled aggression and probing accuracy of England’s new-ball bowlers, who revelled in the conditions. Katherine Brunt (5-1-11-1) dismissed openers Hayley Matthews, lbw for 5 runs off 19 balls) and while Jenny Gunn scalped Shaquana Quintyne, caught by Heather Knight for 21 (1×4 off 54 balls) and the score 35 for 2 in 13 overs.Gunn then took the energy away from West Indies and any hope of revival for the team vanished when she bowled skipper Stafanie Taylor for nine (1×4, 19 balls) and left WI 47 for 3 after 16.2 overs.Only Dottin and Shemaine Campbelle offered token resistance and finished with 20 (1×6, 2×4, 26 balls) and 18 runs (1×6, 27 balls) respectively, as the team folded up meekly for a paltry 108 in 35.4 overs.Laura Marsh (2 for 31) and left-arm spinner Alexandra Hatley (2 for 25) were the other main wicket-takers.last_img read more